Saturday, July 28, 2012

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N

As of 4:00 Pm today, I am officially on VACATION.  I love my job and I only work "part-time" (30 - 35 hours per week) so you might think that a vacation is unnecessary, but I beg to differ.

Today is Saturday, normally my favorite day to work since the usual customers tend to be local home owners who are doing projects around the house or gardening - it's a very social time int the hardware store.  Today was different in two respects:  it began unusually early (for reasons unrelated to work), and I had already put in for vacation for next week.  And so when business was slow after lunch I had no problem asking if I could leave work, and start my vacation, early.
And so it was that I got home earlier than usual today and started my "weekend routine" by doing the crossword puzzle out on the pool deck, with the Brat Pack in attendance.  The only difference is, I don't have to go back to work until a week from Tuesday because I'm on V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N, baby!  Here's Connie Francis to tell you what it's all about":



There will be beer and bourbon involved.  Beyond that, I am open to suggestions.  Any day the sun shines you will find me on the pool deck.  Do you have any suggestions for a better way for me to spend my V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N?



No comments:

Post a Comment