Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"Fever"

Peggy Lee recorded this song in 1958, the year I turned 12.  It turned me on then, and it still turns me on now - take a listen and I think you'll understand what I am talking about.



"Chicks were born to give you fever...but what a lovely way to burn".   I've been burned a few times but I keep going back for more.  Watching this video makes me understand why. "Fever if you live and learn, fever 'til you sizzle, what a lovely way to burn".

It's been a long time since I was twelve years old but damn, that song still gets to me!  And I think that photo of Peggy Lee, who is now well into her 70s now, is really hot!  That must mean I'm not getting older, I'm getting sexier, right?

1 comment:

  1. It turns out that I was way off on Peggy's age. Per Wikipedia, Peggy Lee was born on May 26, 1920 and died on January 21, 2002. So if she were still alive she would be 92 years old, but damn - that picture still looks hot to me!

    ReplyDelete