Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Well now I feel just terrible

I have written often about about Andrea Carla Michaels (nee Eisenberg) (ACME), most recently about her decision to stop posting her wonderful comments on Rex Parker's blog.  Since I wrote the latest piece the "pageviews" here have gone through the roof , which I attribute solely to ACME's popularity.  I suppose I should be grateful for the increased traffic, right?

But here's the thing:  I did a little "googling" to see if I could track down where the interest was coming from and I discovered that I, through a post on this blog, may have had a hand in precipitating the events that led Andrea to her decision to abandon Rexville.  Boy, talk about "unintended consequences"!

Here are the facts:  I posted a piece quite a while ago whereby I announced the formation of "the ACME fan Club (Syndicated chapter) and pronounced myself the self-appointed president.  I intended it as a tongue-in-cheek tribute to Andrea without ever expecting that there would be actual members (other than me) as at the time this blog had almost zero readers. 

Fast-forward to May 17, 2012, and the comments section of Rex Parker's blog (which syndicated solvers like myself have not yet seen) included this from Andrea: "EGOtrips took a bit to sort out
(THis weird google alert led me to EGOSURF today and I found that fanclub @Dirigonzo has started for me!?! Members: one!)" 

Andrea's comment apparently proved to be irresistible to Evil Doug (I've written about him before, too) who responded with this: ""EGOtrips took a bit to sort out
(THis weird google alert led me to EGOSURF today and I found that fanclub @Dirigonzo has started for me!?! Members: one!)"

ACME? Egosurfing? Gosh, what a surprise..."

And it went downhill from there.  There was some additional back and forth between ACME and ED with some other commenters chiming in (all in defense of Andrea) but it was pretty clear that an "issue" had bubbled to the surface.

I resisted the temptation to check subsequent blog posts to see what else transpired but it certainly appears that this was the genesis of whatever forced Andrea to leave Rexville.  And for whatever part I played (inadvertently) in setting the situation up, I am truly sorry.  I mean, I know I'm not directly responsible but what's that theory about random actions influencing events on the other side of the world...?

As I said, I feel just terrible.


No comments:

Post a Comment