Sunday, September 2, 2012

"The Old Man and the Seat"

I've said before that I get my TV news from Comedy Central, principally from "The Daily Show" with Jon Stewart, and the episode from August 31 is a prime example of why this is true.

Because I don't generally watch the "lame-stream media" news coverage I was totally unaware of the buzz that Clint Eastwood had caused by his appearance at the Republican National Convention, where he preceded Mitt Romney's moment in the national spotlight with a 12 minute monologue with an empty chair! 

Clint's performance, followed by Mitt's acceptance speech occurred on a Thursday night and when I read about them Friday morning my first thought was, wow - I wonder what Jon Stewart's take on all of that is going to be?  But because "The Daily Show" doesn't normally air on Friday I thought I would have to wait until after the weekend to hear his take on the events.  Happily, I was wrong.

The Daily Show's coverage of the convention was extended to include a Friday show and Jon outdid himself in commenting on the Eastwood performance and Romney's remarks to expose the whole Republican platform for the fraud that it is.  They have no agenda other than to defeat an invisible Barack Obama that only they can see, in order to return America to a past that never existed.

Please, watch for yourself and then tell me, is that not the funniest yet most truthful coverage of the Republican Convention that you have seen anywhere?

I can hardly wait to see what they have to say about the Democratic Convention next week!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/fri-august-31-2012/rnc-2012---the-road-to-jeb-bush-2016---invisible-obama?xrs=share_copy

No comments:

Post a Comment