Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The second 2012 Presidential Debate is on...

...but I'm not watching.  I didn't watch the first one, either, because honestly, nothing either one of the candidates says is going to change my mind about who to vote for - in fact, I have already voted! - so the only thing I could get out of watching the debate is aggravation, and I already have enough of that.

So here's my alternate plan to watching the 90 minutes of  the all-network coverage of Barack and Mitt exchanging barbs and lies:  I'm going to pour a glass of bourbon, dial up Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville Radio on the internet machine and go to "One Particular Harbor".  Why don't you join me?  You already know who you will vote for and Jon Stewart will tell you all you need to know about the debate on "The Daily Show" tomorrow night. 

You can find Margaritaville Radio with Google and here's Jimmy to tell you what to expect when you get there. 



Now doesn't that sound  like a better place to spend your evening than in front of the TV watching two men talking in sound bites while they try to convince you that the opponent's policies are the path to ruination and destruction?  You won't need a passport and I promise when you get to Margaritaville no one will ask to "see your papers".

But seriously, please do not vote for Romney because the only "one particular harbor" he cares about is the one that will provide a safe haven for the $Billions that his cronies want to hide from the tax collector. If he says anything different during the debate, he is lying.

I'm Dirigonzo, and I approved this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment