Thursday, January 26, 2012

Elizabeth Warren appears on The Daily Show

I've often said (not very originally, I'm afraid) that I get my news from Comedy Central and my comedy from Fox News. Actually, this is only half true - I don't watch Fox News. The first part, though, is accurate in that I often watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart to get his (usually hilarious) take on current events, especially politics.

Recently Elizabeth Warren was the guest on The Daily Show and did an extended interview with Jon that went right to the heart of one of the most vexing problem of our times, the screwed up priorities of our financial system and the damage it has done to the middle class. Her clarity on the topic makes it apparent why the financial industry does not want her in any position where she would have regulatory authority over them, and her knowledge of the issue and what needs to be done to fix it is why we need her, or someone like her, in just such a position. Watch the interview (in two parts) and see for yourself how knowledgeable, articulate and passionate she is about the problem and what needs to be done to fix it. Here is the link (I hope):

http://www.thedailyshow.com/extended-interviews/406824/playlist_tds_extended_elizabeth_warren_012512/406785?xrs=share_copy

Watch the videos and tell me, doesn't she make more sense than all those who say lowering taxes and reducing government regulation is the only way to financial salvation (for some, anyway, but not for you and me). Don't you think we need someone like her on our side for a change?

No comments:

Post a Comment